Monday, March 19, 2012

Signs of Spring




I desperately tried to hold out for that last fleeting, possibility of a late Spring snow storm...I really did.  But, let's face it, when the upcoming forecast for this week is consistently sunny and in the 70s, even I had to concede and give up hoping for snow...and while I do have some anxiety over what all this lovely weather, no-snow-winter means, i.e. global warming...sooner or later one has to embrace the season at hand, early or not...plus its just kind of hard not to love all things Spring...



Here is a collection of Spring, in and around our house from this weekend.




























Luca with his new hair cut and Magda doing her best teen-age impression..they are getting SO big!!







Things around our kitchen more: artichokes, asparagus, mint, lemon...Springtime always reminds me of Italy because that is where and when Greg & I went on our honeymoon.  Also, Springtime on the east coast, for some reason, really is just so amazing to me...I am not used to such a triumphant welcome to the change of season by the daffodils, tulips, blossoms and birds...It just takes my breath away everyt time it rolls around--ESPECIALLY the Magnolia trees...  Next week is the Cherry Blossom Festival on The Mall in Washington, DC...will take LOTS of photos.  





This is a lemon vinaigrette I made with 1/4 c. lemon juice, 2 teaspoons both: honey and dijon mustard; 2 tablespoons each: basil, chives and flat leaf parsley-chopped; 1/2 c. olive oil; sea salt and fresh pepper.  I am using it on everything...especially good over butter lettuce, carrot, red onion and mint salad with grilled chicken.



Thanks so much for checking in...



Happy Spring!!




No comments:

Post a Comment