Monday, October 3, 2011




I am a little bit excited for Halloween this year...ok, I AM A LOT EXCITED!!  I just love, love Halloween and this is really the first year that I have been able to formulate a master Halloween plan...

because: 

 a) we are settled in our house 
(a house that, btw, kind of lends itself to a haunted house...but more about that later...) 

b) the kids are a little bit older now and they are kind of into the whole Halloween thing... and 

c) I actually have had time to think about things...properly...


What kind of things, do you ask...do I need to think of...properly???


Well, my pretty...
step into my laboratory and find out for yourself...

broooo-ha-ha-ha...
(ok, am sorry--I'm so not scary...)

















This is where I was for the whole month of September...gathering, collecting, making and planning all things HALLOWEEN...even though Greg wouldn't even let me utter the word (halloween) in the month of September...but there I was--like a mad scientist...up to my eyeballs in all things dark and ghostly.  FUN! and extra fun because I am going to do a Haunted House at our house at the end of the month for the neighborhood kids...you can see the invites next to the crow in the photo above.  I would love to share my plans and ideas with you...


My first project was to make a RAVEN WREATH...
I got the idea from the great blog Katydid and Kid.  You can see inspiration for my wreath here.  The original wreath is made with crepe paper, which I admit, makes for a much more airier look but I thought the felt would last longer (like till next Halloween!) so I went with black felt.  I cut out many, many ovals  shapes and hot glued them onto a $5 straw wreath I bough from Michael's...I lovingly attached our little friend here (nevermore, nevermore...) and some wire-lined black ribbon.  

It looks spookier in person, I swear...










Its been a long time since I have lived in a house with a mantel...like--a really long time; and I am very excited to do something fun and festive with ours this season.  Its a work in progress but this is what I have so far...will post photos when I have it all figured out.  

I thought the pewter collection was a little spooky and old-fashion.  

The paper garland, btw, are bats.  

Magda had to ask and I figure if you have to ask, something isn't working--so I will revisit...








Ok, the last thing to share for now...
is my spooky spider web covered roses and black candles...


Perfect for a haunted house, don't you think??






1 comment:

  1. Wow, Quentin, you're my new favorite blogger!

    ReplyDelete