Monday, February 6, 2012

Happy B-day little blog!

My blog turns 1 year old tomorrow!! Can hardly believe it!!  

Wow...

What started out as just kind of an experiment has turned into something that I am
really quite proud of and has given me such a lovely creative outlet.  


To be perfectly honest, a few weeks ago--I was going to give it up... 


I had convinced myself that I would get to the one year mark and then pack it in...its a lot of work 
(even though you do totally get the hang of it..)  But there were times--even though I am down to posting only once a week (on Mondays-just fyi!) that I just didn't have it in me...

But then, you know--I get thru it: I make something; I post it and I smile...mainly because it dawned on me that this whole endeavor has turned into a digital journal/scrapbook for my kids--
to my kids...

and dare I hope--my grandkids and their kids' kids...

so this whole thing has kind of become like my (don't laugh! : ) my digital legacy.


I would kill for something from my grandmothers--seriously--KILL!
Anything at all--a note, a letter, a hankie--even.  A photo, a journal, a dress from my great-grandmothers...something--anything--that would give me a clue into their lives...

To make connections, to draw lines of comparisons, to understand their personalities, their strengths, their trials and tribulations.  I have always felt a huge whole in my heart because of their absence in my life...or rather how unknown they are to me...

I heard a social media expert say recently that the internet as we know it now--won't exist in 20 years.  I don't doubt that...with the way things are going, it seems almost like that's a given.  It will be something cooler, bigger and more crazy than we can possibly imagine right now...But if, with any luck, Blogger is still around--and Q-made survives--or maybe I just print out the whole blog or burn the whole thing to some dvds...my kids, when they are grown, they can see what they did when they were 4, 5 and 6...and then their kids can see it and their kids...

And they will know a little bit of what their mom/grandma was like and what life was like in 2012...

and really, that is why this blog will probably have many more birthtdays to come.




A huge, huge thank you to my wonderful, loving husband 
Greg, who has supported this whole endeavor from the beginning and
has not once threaten to divorce me because of it!  

I kid, I kid!! : )



Here are some highlights from the past year.

February 14, 2011






March 2






April 22





May 27





Couldn't decide--these two tied, in my book, for the best....

June 10






June 13






July 20




Aug 8






Sept 6






October 30, 2011






Nov 15








Dec 12





Jan 9





Thanks so much for checking in on us this past year...looking forward to sharing more.

With love,

Quentin

3 comments:

  1. I think super girl is my personal favorite. It's been a long year, but you certainly have a lot to show for it. And, we're still married!

    Love you - Greg

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really an informative blog. Thanks for sharing with us. Best schools in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Thank you!! Am so glad you like the blog...and I am amazed and thrilled to have someone from New Delhi checking out what I do!! So great!! Thank you!

      Delete